Monday, August 31, 2015

Soundtrack to our Transformation Journey



Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. Mohandes Gandhi

Music moves hearts and brings people together. I hummed and babbled before I could form words. Heaven’s music has always resided in my soul. Thanksgiving and praises rise to God for the food I eat, pillow to sleep on, and the unshakeable knowledge of being loved as an amazing creation. 

God gifted me with an ear for harmony. The intricacies of maneuvering around the melody in a beautiful dance captures hearts, bringing all who hear to the author of love. God has created a unique song for each one of us—the soundtrack to our transformation journey from disconnection to congruency.

Sanctification is the process of allowing God to show us the areas of our life that need to be confessed, grieved, changed, and healed. The goal of sanctification is to divest ourselves of anything which keeps us from living out who God created us to be. Only then will we be able to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul, strength and to truly love our neighbor.

Focusing on the wrong goal results in a larger gap between our talk and our walk. The harder I tried on my own to match my head, heart, tongue, feet, and hands, the more I failed. I was trying to change my behavior when God wanted to change my heart.

A transformative heart change comes about when we see ourselves through God’s eyes. He sees us as beautiful, valuable, desirable—his masterpiece. Seeing myself through this lens ignited my passion to live such qualities out in the flesh. Instead of struggling to do, think, and say everything I thought God expected, I was now excited to share me as God’s beautiful creation with the world. That vision gave strength and courage to press into the sanctification process. For me, that process has been learning how to listen and live out the tune in my heart which fits in perfect harmony with God’s loving melody.

The Masterpiece of Life

Stumbling fingers, like tumbling words.
Searching for just the right note.
Eyes on the music, hands on the keys.
Playing melodies that someone else wrote.
Hesitant steps, like tentative rhythms.
Unsure of the path I should tread.
Defeated by doubt and shackled by shame,
Simply following the footsteps ahead.
Yet today as I played, a tune did emerge.
It’s melodious strain fresh and new.
Although it was simple in comparison to most,
My heart soared for each note rang out true.
If able I am to pen a new song,
Is it possible to blaze a new trail?
To shed habits of old, what a difficult chore!
But God’s intended creation would be unveiled.
A musical masterpiece in a day is not written,
So I guess neither is a new life so made.
Playing one note at a time,
Living each day on its own.
The framework for my new symphony is laid.

Photo used by permission from Creative Commons (Informationaction.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment